Friday, July 18, 2008

pink eye

one more thing that Emma has gotten from her brother. Aidan had to go to the dtr on Wed. and we were told that he definitely had pink eye and was not allowed to go to school the next day. When I went to pick up Emma Wed. afternoon it looked like someone had punched her in the eye, it was pitiful. So, I took her to the dtr yesterday morning and she also has it. I was glad to go to also ask them about her still being congested and having to clean her nose out constantly. They told me they weren't concerned as long as she didn't have a temp and wasn't coughing with every breath. I'm not sure if that really makes me feel better or not, I guess I will just continue to do the same thing I've done and hope that it clears up soon. The Medicine they give you for pink eye really works fast, both of their eyes already look better. Even though its more than difficult to put eye drops in both an infant and a toddler, talk about torture! I'm so paranoid about touching my eyes now and I think my hands are going to dry out from putting anti-bacterial gel on them. But, other than her eye and a little congestion they said she was very healthy and they were happy to see she was still gaining weight throughout all of these boughts of sickness. She was still wearing her clothes and diaper, but she weighed in at 16lbs! My big girl. I wonder if she'll be any heavier when we go back for her 4 month check up in two weeks?

2 comments:

Mattison Grace said...

Goodness! You are having a time with Aidan bringing stuff home from Daycare. I have been so lucky Matti has only caught a cold and hand, foot, and mouth disease so far. I read that you can expect them to get several colds throughout the year, but on the other hand they are building up an immuity to a lot of different things now. I hate they are both under the weather at the same time.
Emma is a big girl! Matti was 14 pounds 8 ounces at her four month check up. WOW! Emma must being wearing six month clothes right now.
You are a great mother Donna and you always have great advice to give to others! Both of your children know you love them although one may need more attention right now than the other, but when Aidan is older and Emma needs you more you will give that attention back to her. I think you are doing a wonderful job!!!!!
Love,
Jules

Pam Marion said...

Emma is thriving so keep-up the spirit!This phase will pass with the next milestones for each.Chris and you are handling the parent skills "like pros", keep doing what you are doing.

Our love to each of you,
Aunt Pam