Tuesday, July 8, 2008

just a quck post about pumping

wow! I just pumped this morning and got a little over 13 ounces at one session, what the %@*#?
That seems like a lot to me, is it not?! I pumped for over a year with Aidan, 3 times a day at work and the most I ever got at one session was like 8 or 9, but then again Aidan never drank as much as Emma seems to need. Mommy's hungry girl! I guess I am pumping more b/c she needs more, man I wonder what I'll be pumping in the next month or two. Of course you always pump more in the mornings, so my next two sessions today should be no more than 5 ounces each. I have to thank my sister for giving me the "hands free" pumping band, that helps sooo much and keeps my mind off of pumping. The only problem I have is not paying attention and one of my bottles starting to over flow, I hate when that happens, I don't want to lose one drop of the milk. Well, Yea for lots of milk today, I wonder if this means Emma's going through a growth spurt. hmmm...I may have to change my guess on her weight to more like 16 lbs! My sweet chunky monkee! :)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

13 ounces?!?! That's the most I ever pumped at once! That's awesome, though. Maybe you can build up a good stash and you won't have to worry about it. :-)

That hands-free pumping band saved my sanity when I was pumping eight times a day. I would usually be on the internet while I pumped. Somehow getting my mind off of pumping would help me relax, which would help me pump more milk.

Aidan and Emma said...

I wish I could build up a good stash, but Emma so far has taken in everything I pump out. Little piggy! So, like today looks like I will end up with about 25 ounces and she will probably drink all of that during the time I'm at work tomorrow. crazy huh!

Emily said...

WOAH!! That's crazy Donna! She is a little piggy! I'm so glad you can keep up with that!

And I love that you are blogging more! :) See ya at book club?

Aidan and Emma said...

I'm trying my best to keep up with her! ha! Yes, I will be at book club this month, see you there! :)

Mattison Grace said...

How many ounces does she eat at a feeding now? That is a lot of milk. Matti weighs probably 17 pounds so she is not far behind her. WOW!
She is just a hungry girl. Thanks goodness you do breast fed or she would eat you out of house and home. HA!
Congrats.
Love,
Julie and Matti

Ashley said...

I love top of your blog, co cute and I can not wit to see you at Bookclub, and hold Emma!!!