Monday, June 22, 2009

We are Walking!

Well, I can't believe it, my little baby is walking! She has been teasing us for about a month or less with a few steps here, few steps there, but the past few days she has started walking across the room and can get up from a sitting position and walk off. She has been really good at standing for about a month a half, her one year pictures were mostly of her standing, she has really good balance when she is standing still. She is still very unstable and will fall down after about 10-12 steps, but she is on her way. I got some video of her walking this weekend and will hopefully post it this week. They are so cute when they first start walking, all babies have that drunken walk with their arms in the air, so funny to watch. I love to see the excitement in her face when she is walking or has walked across the room and she turns to see if we saw her, too cute!

On another note, I'm so ready for my two babies to stop fighting over me, although part of me loves that they both want me to hold and cuddle them or sit in my lap, its also so frustrating and tears at my heart b/c I end up having to choose one over the other b/c they will both hit and poke at each other if I try to hold them both at the same time. Emma has gotten really good at this and thinks its hilarious to poke at his eyes and pull his hair which he totally freaks out when she does this. She is tough one though, when he does push her or try to be a bully big brother, she is right back at him and is very determined. I still nurse Emma in the evenings and that is usually when Aidan wants to sit in my lap and watch tv or wants me to pick him up, makes my evenings super stressful and Chris trys to intervene and help out, but it usually ends up with them crying louder which I feel bad about too for him. He has a hard time with the crying and whinning, which I do too, but I guess I can tolerate it longer than he can, mommy thing I suppose. This too shall pass I know, but its definitely tough having two so close in age, I'm glad I did, but its hard and exhausting at times!

No comments: