Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My little dare devil

Emma is going to keep me on my toes that is for sure! She is growing and changing so much and doing her best to keep up with her big brother. She is also trying to keep up with her cousin Carter, he is almost walking and she is not far behind. She took her first couple of steps this past week and has started walking some when holding on to her hands and occasionally with only one hand. She is so different in how Aidan was at the same age, he has and still is very cautious when doing anything new, for example the slide, it took him until recently maybe a little over 2 1/2 before he got up the courage to go down any slide, now he does it with ease. But, Emma is different, she is already going down even the tallest of slides with the biggest grin on her face and wanting more! We recently went to my dad's for a cookout and he took me and all the grandkids for a ride in his "mule" tractor, similar to a golf cart but lots more power. We went all over the property and up and down the driveway, fast enough to blow our hair back and Emma was holding her arms up the whole time like she was on a rollercoaster! too funny! She loves checking out the horses, chickens, dogs, and the kittie. Yesterday we went out to lunch to Chickfila and let Aidan play in the playground, another recent discovery of his, took him until recently to get up the nerve to go ALL the way through. Since no one was in there I let Emma crawl around and check things out, next thing I know Chris's Dad is asking me if I put her up there, she had climbed up all by herself and was about 3 steps up into the playground. Well, she was having so much fun I didn't want to yank her out, so I let her keep going. She was so proud of herself and was having so much fun and just kept climbing and climbing. Well, then I started realizing that I should have stopped her after I couldn't see her anymore. I kept asking Aidan what she was doing and he told she was right here. Then, I asked him if she was near the slide and he said yes, I asked if she was comng down the slide, well, i'm not sure, but I think he misunderstood and gave her a little shove b/c I heard him say "Here she comes". Next thing I know she is tumbling down the slide, poor little thing, very startled. She did not get hurt thank goodness, just a little scared, but after crying for a minute or two she started pointing like she wanted to go back. Oh man am I in trouble! ha ha!

I took her to the park on Saturday and had her 1 year pics taken with Becky Vanderveen and had so much fun. The weather was perfect and I think we got some good shots, Emma did a lot of standing, I didn't realize until then how good she was at standing for periods of time. She did not however like the damp grass. When I put her down in the grass she imediately picked her legs up and gave me a look like ewww, gross what did you just put me on! It didn't take her too long to get use to it though and was crawling around in know time. The only bad thing was I think she had a reaction to the wet grass and now has nice red bumps on her legs. Here is a picture that Becky put on her blog from the session. My sister and Carter came to watch and ended up in a few of the pictures at the end. Here they are on the grass together. Emma was pooped! ha!



1 comment:

Debby said...

Emma looks like she thinking..."why is Carter so happy? I am tired...." So cute!!