Thursday, October 2, 2008

1 minivan, 1 tooth, 1 layoff...

Well, I can't believe what my MIL discovered yesterday! Emma has a tooth coming in! One of her bottom teeth has broken through the skin. How in the world did I miss this? I can't believe it, it makes sense now why she has been so cranky this last week or so and every time she would bite down on something she would scream. I just thought she was getting frustrated at the toy she was playing with, man I need to pay more attention. But, then again I have been consumed with other things going on in my life. I recently got my notice at my job and my last day is in two weeks. So, needless to say I'm not happy about this and I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Of course I am sending out resumes and starting the job hunt, but I dread it all. On the other hand, I am looking forward to spending a little quality time with Emma while I'm searching for a new job. I keep trying to tell myself these things happen for a reason and hopefully something even better will come along. ugh! I just need to win the lottery! ha!

I swear I going to post some new pictures of Emma soon. I've just got to get myself together. One good thing did happen recently, we got Honda Odyssey and I love it and my car payment is cheaper too, which is a real good thing right now.

Emma is getting so big, we had her pictures taken at the Vanderveens on Wednesday and she was so cute smiling and laughing. I can't wait to see the pics again, they showed them to me briefly and as usual I'm going to have a tough time deciding! While I was there I picked up some pictures from our last visit and wow she has changed so much, she doesn't even look like the same baby. Its amazing how much they change in their first year, job or no job I am getting her pictures done a few more times this year. I can't not get her pictures made ya know! She loves being naked, we did some pics with her in the buff and they crack me up with her little rolls! I need to get a "naked blanklet" like my sister has for Carter so Emma can roll around and move easier, I know she would love it. I still can't believe my baby has a tooth and she just turned 6 months, isn't that early, seems early to me. Aidan had his around 7-8 months. Oh well, hopefully this isn't a sign that she's going to do everything early, yikes!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't believe she has a tooth! I had to check Carter's mouth after hearing about that. No signs of teeth yet...

I hope you will get to enjoy spending a little more time with Emma. It sucks that you will have to worry about finding a job, but maybe it will indeed lead to something even better. *hugs*

Do you have a sewing machine, or access to one? I think it would be really easy to make a naked mat, now that I have seen one. It's basically just a layer of fleece on top of a layer of waterproof fabric. You could make one out of cheap remnants from a fabric store. Maybe with a girl you wouldn't have to worry about the pee spraying everywhere, LOL!

Mattison Grace said...

At least Emma has a tooth. Matti FINALLY had two come in last week. She has been cranky as well and not wanting to eat. I am sure that is why Emma has been getting up at night also, plus I still think she is going through a growing spurt and changes. I think it took Matti at least six weeks before (which made Matti 8 months old) and we finally decided to let her cry it out one night, but we did not breast feed either so we knew she was not hungry. I hope things getting better in that area. I know they will. Congrats on the van! I know you are loving it. Wait until you go on a trip. Wow-it is like driving a motor home. lots of room.

Debby said...

I have a sewing machine, if you want to borrow it....I love you! Mom

Ashley said...

Hey Donna,
I am happy to hear about the tooth and the mini van, with all the cool moms driving mini vans these days, its the cool thing to do! Naked mat, please i have a ton of left over fabric and waterproof stuff let me make you one, no charge and I will bring it to book club with the Burpies you ordered. Sorry about the job thing but you seem to have an aswsome outlook on it I will keep my ears open too.
See you soon, Ashley