Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things are going too fast...

Well, my baby is changing so much already. The other morning I went in to get her and she had changed positions in the bed! This seems too soon for mommy! I just don't remember Aidan moving around that soon in his crib, I would lay him down and he would be in the same position in the morning. But, not Miss Emma, she had completely turned sideways and was kicking her bumper pad! She has also started laughing, I will have to try and get this on video when it happens again. There is nothing cuter than a baby laughing! Nana B. came over to visit this weekend and Emma was sitting in her bouncy seat and Nana started playing with her and she just started belly laughing. So, I will say it here that Nana B. made her laugh first! :) She's really growing so much, I still try to squeeze her into her 3 months size clothes, but I want be able to do that much longer. 3-6 months sizes seem to fit her perfectly right now, but she can also wear some 6 month sizes too. I feel like I blinked and she wore 0-3 months sizes, but the one thing that is staying tiny on her is her feet, they are the smallest. I found some adorable soft shoes for her the other day that I just had to buy, like she needs shoes I know. They were a size 0 and they are still a little big, crazy!

I am so ready for her to get over this cold that she got from Aidan, ugh! I have to suction her nose out everyday and put saline drops in and she has this pitiful little cough. I feel so bad for her and it makes me paranoid at night that she can't breathe so I've reverted back to going in there every time she makes a strange sound or coughs or sneezes. The downfalls of having a toddler in daycare. I guess the upside is that maybe she's getting some of this getting sick out of the way and she'll be more used to it when she's Aidan's age. He is the worst when he is sick, but then again aren't all men! ha! I will post new pics soon!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I would love to hear her laughing if you can get that on video! Nana B is definitely good at eliciting smiles and giggles. She had Carter grinning within minutes of us arriving at her house!

I can definitely sympathize with the "It's going too fast" feeling. I was thinking about making a post along those lines myself, actually. :-P

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Glad to see your family is doing well. Better get used to Aidan getting sick!

Mattison Grace said...

Sounds like Emma is going to be a mover like cousin Matti. I would put her down in her crib and the next morning she would be in a completely different position.
A baby laughing is the best. She will be doing it all the time soon. I hope you can get it on camera. I would love to hear it!
Dealing with colds is my speciality now. I feel for you. I checked on Matti all the time when she was sick. Just keep using those drops and sucking her nose out. It will pass soon. The cough usually lingers a little, but it will all go away. May be she will build up an early tolerance to these things. Hang in there!
Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Sweet baby Emma! I miss you Donna. We need to get together sooner than later! XOXO

Amy