Monday, May 12, 2008

6 weeks old

I haven't updated in while, whew...2 babes makes for some crazy days! Emma has been doing great, she's such a good baby. She does like to be held alot and of course I've enjoyed holding her, but its a bit challenging when its just me, Aidan and Emma. She has projectiled a few other times since my last post, I'm still trying to figure out how much she wants to eat, she seems to be the type of baby who likes to suck even after she's full, so we are trying to get her to take a paci, which she does occasionally. We introduced her to the bottle the other day and I was a bit worried at first, she totally refused it and screamed like we were torturing her, so I ended up nursing her to calm her down then we waited until the next feeding and I went upstairs and let Chris try by himself and she finally took it. I swear I think it had something to do with me being in the room. I am going to leave her with my MIL next week for half a day so I can go get a much needed massage!! ahhh! I can't wait! Here are some pics of Emma to update you on how much she has grown!

2 weeks old
3 weeks old
4 weeks old

5 weeks old
5 weeks old

6 weeks old

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Aw, sweet baby!

Carter does that projectile thing every now and then. I thought it might be caffeine getting into the milk, so I cut it out, but I don't think it really made much of a difference. Every now and then he just barfs up what looks like a huge amount of milk. I think he has a mild case of reflux, apparently common in preemies. :-P

I'm sending you a Mother's Day package a little late -- hopefully you'll get it by the end of the week. Also, Aidan should be getting a late birthday present soon...

Mattison Grace said...

Matti had issues with the projectile vomiting as well. It seemed to subside when she was around six to eight weeks old. Our doctor says this is common in c-section babies.
Emma is getting so big. She will be Matti's size by the time we go to the beach.
Emma looks just like Chris. Matthew and I both agree on that.
I am still in awe that we all have babies around the same age now! It is wonderful to compare notes and watch these babies grow over time. I enjoy looking out at the websites each day to see if they have been updated.
Give Emma and Aidan a hug and kiss from "Aunt Julie" and we cannot wait to see you at the beach!